Podcasts have been around for a long time, but it’s only in the past few years that they’ve become incredibly popular. In fact, according to emarketer, there are 28.2 million people in the US who listen to podcasts weekly! That popularity has also opened up a lot of opportunities for companies like Spotify, who saw a real potential in the podcasting market and have since invested heavily in creating an expansive library of podcasts and related content. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at Spotify’s success with podcasts and how their strategy is helping to shape the future of podcasting.
What is emarketer?
Emarketer is a data and research company that provides insights into digital marketing and media. Their data is used by marketers, agencies, publishers, and more to understand the latest trends in the industry.
Emarketer’s data on Spotify US users shows that the platform has an estimated 32.8 million users in 2020. This is up from 28.9 million in 2019, and 24.5 million in 2018.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a digital music service that gives users access to millions of songs. It is available in over 60 countries and has been downloaded over 200 million times. With Spotify, you can listen to your favorite artists, albums, or create your own playlist of songs. You can also listen to podcasts, and follow other users to see what they are listening to.
What is Podcasts?
Podcasts are digital audio files that are available for download from the internet. Podcasts are usually downloaded onto a computer or portable media player, such as an iPod, and can be played back at any time.
Most podcasts are free, and many podcast feeds offer episodes that are automatically downloaded as soon as they are released. Podcasts can be about anything, from music to news to sports to comedy. There are also specialized podcasts, such as those aimed at businesses or those aimed at children.
How many people use Spotify in the US?
In the US, there are an estimated 158.8 million Spotify users. Of these, 114.6 million are active listeners, meaning they listen to the platform at least once a month. This number has been steadily growing since 2015, when Spotify first launched in the US. In 2019, there were an estimated 80 million people using the platform in the country.
Spotify is most popular with young adults in the US. 45% of 18-24 year olds and 41% of 25-34 year olds use the platform. It’s also popular among Hispanics, with 28% of Hispanic adults using it (compared to 22% of non-Hispanic adults).
The platform has continued to grow in popularity despite stiff competition from other music streaming services like Apple Music and Pandora. One reason for this may be its wide range of content offerings beyond music, including podcasts and video.
What are the benefits of using Spotify?
There are many benefits of using Spotify, including:
1. Access to a large library of music: With Spotify, you have access to a huge library of songs, from popular hits to lesser-known tracks. This means that you can always find something to suit your mood, whether you’re looking for something to help you focus or relax.
2. Offline listening: One of the great things about Spotify is that you can download songs and listen offline. This is perfect for when you’re on the go and don’t want to use up your data allowance, or if you’re going somewhere without an internet connection.
3. Ad-free listening: If you upgrade to Spotify Premium, you can enjoy ad-free listening. This means that you won’t be interrupted by ads while you’re trying to enjoy your music, and it also means that you’ll get higher quality audio streaming.
4. Better sound quality: Speaking of audio quality, upgrading to Spotify Premium gives you access to higher quality audio streams. If you’re someone who cares about sound quality, this is definitely a perk worth considering.
5. Discover new music:Spotify’s recommendation engine is pretty good at suggesting new music that you might like based on your listening habits. So if you’re always on the lookout for new tunes, Spotify is a great option.
How to use Spotify
If you’re not already using Spotify, you’re missing out on one of the best music streaming platforms available. Here’s a quick guide on how to get started.
Creating an account is easy and only takes a few minutes. Just go to spotify.com and click “Sign Up.” You’ll need to provide your email address, create a password, and choose whether you want to sign up with Facebook or not. Once you’ve created your account, you can start listening to music right away.
There are two ways to listen to Spotify: Free and Premium. With the Free plan, you can listen to any song or album, but you’ll hear occasional ads and won’t be able to skip songs. The Premium plan is ad-free and lets you skip songs, play any song on demand, listen offline, and more. It costs $9.99/month for individuals or $14.99/month for a family plan (up to 6 people).
Spotify has an extensive library of over 30 million songs, so you’re sure to find something you like. You can browse by genre, artist, album, or playlist; search for specific songs; or check out the “Discover” section for new music recommendations based on your listening habits.
If you have friends who also use Spotify, you can follow them to see what music they’re listening to and add their playlists to your own collection. You can also share tracks and albums with